If you visit the members area on the ACCA UK website then you will see promotional banners for the MyFirmsApp solution. That’s because of a special relationship between MyFirmsApp and ACCA enabling ACCA members to get a very special package through MyFirmsApp.
Over the next few months, our team will be working closely with the ACCA to enable ACCA members to get the most out of the very latest App technology for accountants in practice.
What’s the point of an App?
Smartphone use is booming and continues to grow at a blistering pace. At the end of 2012 there were over 830m smartphone and tablet users. With over half of us relying on our smartphones to browse the Internet, we love our gadgets. Most of us enjoy the convenience of them, the efficiency and of course, saving time. It’s all about performing normal tasks faster and with less effort.
This shift in our habits and the way we communicate affects the entire profession. The way your clients and potential are browsing and communicating has changed. Accountancy firms need to consider the impact that this mobile technology will have on your firm, your clients and the way you market your firm.
Important Mobile and App User Statistics at a Glance
- 830 million smartphone and table users at the end of 2012
- 93% of fortune 500 are deploying or testing iPads
- More than 50% of email users user a smartphone or tablet
- 66% of people use their favourite App at least once day
- 81 minutes per day is the average time people spend using Apps
- By 2014 smartphone surfing will over PCs
- 327 empire state buildings! That’s the number of android phones, sold each day stacked