The simple app marketing checklist
- Ensure you have Google Analytics on your website and you are able to track results.
- Create a page on your site promoting your App with QR codes and links to download.
- Ensure your page has been effectively optimised for search engines (SEO).
- Add offer boxes on your site so that the site actively promotes the App.
- Smartphone detection tracking code that automatically picks up smartphone visitors and offers them the free App.
- With over 50% of local searches carried out on mobile, its important to have a mobile enabled version of your site for mobile users. Feel free to discuss adaptive mobile sites with us that use your existing site and enable it for mobile visitors. Ready in days, at low cost with no need for new domains.
- Ensure you have an up to date company page on LinkedIn.
- Add your App as a LinkedIn product with descriptions and images.
- Post status updates to your contacts regarding the App and give them a link to the App to download it.
- Frequency – promote the App once a week or every two weeks (depending on how active you are on social media).
- Share each of these status updates in all key, relevant groups.
- Get recommendations through your LinkedIn company page for the App from clients and users – this is worth its weight in gold.
- QR Codes – use these to share on social media profiles, updates and other marketing to make downloading your App simple.
- Make sure your blog is integrated, this means that it is built to automatically update your social media, your website and your App.
- Post your blog article promoting the new App, its features and “available now” with links to relevant stores.
- Ensure your blog article is optimised for search engines to increase your website traffic.
- Consider additional blog articles that share the benefits of the App, who uses it, some user reviews and testimonials etc.
- Email clients informing them about your App & what it will do for them.
- Write to clients about your App, asking for reviews if they use it, or where to download it free.
- Use the App during client meetings, it’s a fantastic conversational point and a great way to promote your status as ‘technologically advanced.
- Once you have a good base of App users, identify the key influencers & ask them to share the App on social media and with friends etc. If you have a printed flyer hand a few of these out to clients & ask them to give them away.
- Email your potential clients sharing the new App with them available only from you.
- Write to all potential clients promoting the App and a second offer that relates to your practice specifically and include your App flyer.
- Consider promoting the App through paid for ads on PPC, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Target new prospects (we can provide data if necessary) and mail them your letter and flyer promoting the App and your practice.
- Discuss the App in any prospect meetings, networking sessions and functions you attend. A great free, non sales way to get your brand in front of key decision makers.