Practice Evolution 2016 – Why This Is A Must-Attend Event for Accountants
On the 16th of June, the first of two Practice Evolution conferences ran by the ICPA will start at the De Vere venues in London. Since we made the ICPA’s App for them and frequently write for their magazine, it’s only natural that we would be attending to deliver our thought-provoking seminars and socialise with the hundreds of accountants associated with the ICPA.
Before we discuss the event, we should discuss who the ICPA are and what they do. The ICPA was created as a reaction to the indifference and apathy displayed by the HMRC & the government towards small accountancy firms across the country, which frequently don’t have a unified voice that could make the government pay heed. MyFirmsApp has partnered with the ICPA to offer Apps as part of the ICPA’s Practice Growth scheme for members. The ICPA also offers CPE training, writes a quarterly magazine known as Accountancy Practice and offers free tax and practice helplines. By December 2014, the ICPA has attracted over 800 accounting firms across the UK to sign up.
As for the event itself, the Practice Evolution conference is all about sharing ideas, stories and useful tips with other likeminded accountants and accountant-related industries in a calm, optimistic and professional environment. One of the key subjects on accountant’s minds is the HMRC’s ‘digital agenda’ and how it will effect accountants in practice – this is going to be just one of the subjects that will be discussed at the Practice Evolution event.
Why are we sponsoring the London Practice Evolution conference?
There are 2 companies sponsoring the event – MyFirmsApp is sponsoring the London venue and Taxwise is sponsoring the Manchester venue. So why are we sponsoring this event? It’s quite simple – we work a lot with Tony and the ICPA and we respect the close-knit community that Tony has built up over the years. We’ve been mutually supportive of each other for a long time, with the ICPA receiving a powerful App from us in 2013 and our editorials frequently making their way into their quarterly magazines. Wherever the ICPA goes, we go too. The Practice Evolution event is one of the best opportunities to discuss the latest ideas and show new technology for the enterprising accountant, such as our revolutionary App technology.
Other attendees and speakers include:
- TaxWise, co-sponsor of the event, are specialist insurance brokers in the field of Tax Fee Protection, as well as delivering seminars and training sessions for clients.
- Acclaimed speaker Mark Lee FCA CTA of BookMarkLee, a visionary in the industry and one of the most networked accountants in the UK.
- Steve Checkley FCCA – Director of Acorah Software Products Ltd, who produces the TaxCalc range of products for Accountants & Bookkeepers.
- Amanda Chadwick – Speaker with 20 years of experience in advising and addressing employment law and Human Resources issues.
- Frank Woods – General Manager at Bankstream, a service that combines bank-authorised data feeds with practice-based software to make the lives of accountants and bookkeepers easier.
- Our own David Oliver & Daniel Richards – David is a senior executive of MyFirmsApp and author of 14 books, including Sunday Times titles in 29 languages. He has spoken to over 300,000 delegates worldwide and has been described as a ‘prophetic voice’ in the accounting industry. Daniel is Head of Sales and a member of the executive team at MyFirmsApp.
- Tony Margaritelli himself, the Chairman of the ICPA.
With this kind of star-studded line-up, this is an event that accountants across the UK should mark in their calendars.